Take part in the Argentine asado tradition
The Buenos Aires Asado Adventure Tour
The Buenos Aires Asado Adventure is an open invitation to become part of the family & experience in creating an asado (Argentine barbecue) lunch. The tour takes place in small intimate groups (usually 10 people or less), where you will be guided through the cooking and social traditions of the Argentine asado, and eat the most delicious lunch of your stay!
Why Take Part in the BBQ Lunch Tour with AsadoAdventure?
AsadoAdventure was created in January 2016 as a complete dining and neighborhood tour filled with historical anecdotes about the neighborhood of Palermo Viejo (specifically Palermo Soho) as well as a food shopping tour.
You get to visit the local wine merchant and pick out the wine for your lunch (or if you prefer, some craft beer), go to the local butcher, stroll around Borges’ old neighborhood, see street art, visit a local bakery and even find out what turn-of-the-century anarchists have to do with modern-day Argentine pastries.
You also learn how to light up the parrilla (Argentine grill) and help prepare the salad back in a gorgeous loft-style private home. And you’ll discover how important the weekend family asado tradition is to local culture and all about the old Argentine traditions and customs that are still observed today.
So if you would like to peek into family life in Argentina and get an idea about what it’s like to live here, all the while enjoying a lovely dinner with great company in a beautiful private home, then this is the tour for you.
“Frank and his guide Ivan cohosted the event in Frank’s stunning converted warehouse home. The preceding walking tour around Palermo with Ivan to purchase the lunch ingredients was informative and well structured.
The lunch dishes were all delicious and grilled to perfection & served by Max the amicable grill master. We dined with Frank and Ivan and found them relaxing and entertaining. The format of the tour was excellent – we felt it was good value and will be recommending it to all our friends planning visits to Buenos Aires.”
~ Trevor G from Bologna, Italy (Read review on TripAdvisor)
Semi-Private Asado Lunch Tour Highlights
• Experience local family life in a real home setting.
• Learn how to make authentic Argentine chimichurri sauce to amaze your friends and family with back home.
• Enjoy a delicious & relaxed multi-course lunch in the comfort of a modern day loft-style home in the oh-so-trendy area of Palermo Soho.
• Discover a part of Argentina that very few visitors get to experience, in a semi-private tour with relatively small groups (10 to 15 maximum, and usually less people than that).
• Have all your questions about Argentine food and culture answered by your expert bilingual (English/Spanish) guide.
Optional Tour Add-ons & Amendments
• Private transport from your accommodation, and back again at the end, can be added on for US$10 per person, per trip (must be reserved in advance).
• Private tours just for your group are also available. If you are interested, please contact us for private tour pricing.
• If you don’t wish to tour the neighborhood, a lunch-only option is also available at a discounted price (see pricing).
Testimonial for AsadoAdventure
“We were looking for a unique experience, an atypical tour to accommodate a larger group with diverse interests and needs and Asado Adventure exceeded all our expectations!
This was hands down the best quality and quantity of food we ate on our trip, Max is an amazing grill-master! The patio was beautiful, we took all our family photos out there.
It was a very unique experience for us to enjoy a typical Argentinian meal in an authentic and spacious home, no rushing through the meal like in a restaurant and no noisy atmosphere.”
~ Danyel R from Connecticut (Read review on TripAdvisor)
Gallery of Photos Taken on AsadoAdventure Lunch Tours
Appetizers & Fernet
A little serenade!
Perfectly grilled steak
Sharing Argentine mate
Tasty proveleta cheese
Palermo Soho Street Art
Another happy tour group!
Price and Duration of this Semi-Private Asado Adventure Tour
• The price for this approx. 4 hour semi-private Argentine asado lunch tour is $150 USD per person.
• You can choose to omit the touring section and just attend the lunch section at a cost of US$95 per person.
• The maximum size of the tour is 10 to 15 people, although usually there are less than 10 people.
• Kids aged 6 to 10 are charged 50% of the per person price. Kids 5 and under go free.
• Please ask about pricing for tours given on a private basis for just your group if you prefer that option.
• The tour lasts about 4 hours, usually from 10.30am to 2.30pm, although it can finish up to half an hour earlier or later.
• Lunch tours run Wednesday through Friday. Tours are also available on Monday and Tuesday lunchtimes for bookings of 4 or more people, and some Saturday evenings from approx. 5pm to 10pm.
• INCLUDED in stated tour price: Food-shopping walking tour of the trendy Palermo Soho neighborhood (with a bottle of water to keep your hydrated), interactive demonstration of how the asado is prepared, your bilingual (English/Spanish) asado guide for the tour duration, pre-meal mixed drink, your complete lunch with wine (or beer), water, appetizers, first course, salad, main course & dessert, a lesson in how to drink Argentine mate and the social customs relating to it, and the opportunity to ask your expert guide anything about Argentine food & culture.
• NOT included in stated tour price: Anything you personally might decide to buy during the walking tour section, transport to and from the tour (although this can be added at additional cost if you wish – or we could just give you directions and suggestions for how to get to and from the tour), gratuities.
Book your Argentine Asado Adventure Lunch Tour!Please complete the form below in as much detail as you can and someone will be in touch with you soon to help you complete your booking and payment:
Alternatively, click here if you have a question before booking. We’re here to help!
***Important – please white/clean/safe list our email address below, and/or add it to your email contacts. If you don’t seem to be getting emails from us, please check your spam/junk folder just in case***
Browse: BuenosTours › Buenos Aires Activities › Semi-Private Argentine Asado Lunch Tour with AsadoAdventure