The Best Way to See Buenos Aires in a Day
Why Take the “BA 101” Full Day Private Walking Tour?
Our best-selling tour is the most effective way to see the diversity of Buenos Aires and its many neighborhoods in just one day!
Get oriented with the physical layout of the city as well as the many layers of history and culture – it will all come together on this tour.
You will be exploring BA through walking & public transport, the best way to see the city up-close & personal. It may seem like a daunting task to see “everything in one day,” but we can make it happen for you!
Sounds like too much for just one day? No problem! Although designed to be taken in one go, the tour can also be split across two days for a small additional fee. Just select the first date in the tour booking calendar & let us know your preferred second date/time in the booking form comments.
“We took the all-day, private walking tour of Buenos Aires with Oliver of BuenosTours… we were extremely pleased with everything about the tour… we learned and saw so much.
The pace was perfect, the itinerary was well thought out, the sites were exciting to see, and the café & restaurant were welcome stops. Oliver made the tour enjoyable and educational, and we highly recommend BuenosTours.“
~ Felice Gordon, Dix Hills, NY (Read full review on TripAdvisor)
“BA 101” Full Day Tour Highlights
• San Telmo, the atmospheric home of tango, immigrant history, antiques and old cobblestone streets, centered around Plaza Dorrego.
• The historical city center (Monserrat), full of beautiful churches, Plaza de Mayo, the Pink House (Casa Rosada), the Evita Balcony, the City Cathedral, Avenida de Mayo, and many more important landmarks.
• A break at the oldest & most beautiful cafe in Buenos Aires, Cafe Tortoni, THE cafe in a city of cafes, founded way back in 1858.
• The heart of the barrio of Retiro – Plaza San Martin, a leafy park surrounded by beautiful architecture and filled with monuments.
• The widest avenue in the world, Avenida 9 de Julio, home to the famous Buenos Aires Obelisk.
• Lunch at a traditional Argentine restaurant with your guide – a place where locals eat, with a choice of dishes to cover all tastes.
• Recoleta, the most prestigious traditional neighborhood, full of grand old mansions and high class establishments, where we’ll stroll along the elegant and upscale Avenida Alvear and into Plaza Francia, the heart of Recoleta.
• Finally, the tour highlight: Recoleta Cemetery, the last resting place of Eva Peron and many other rich & famous Argentines, plus the highest concentration of beautiful architecture in the city.
Price and Duration of the “BA 101” Full Day Tour
• The pricing for this full day 100% private guided walking tour of the must-see neighborhoods of Buenos Aires is as follows:
• 1 to 3 people: $235 USD total (for the whole group, not per person)
• 4 to 6 people: $390 USD total (for the whole group, not per person)
• 7 to 10 people: $530 USD total (for the whole group, not per person)
• For tour quality purposes, we tend not accept bookings for more than 10 people. In such cases we would ask you to consider splitting your group into two smaller groups, with a private guide for each, and booking two separate tours (they can be at the same time). Of course, if you absolutely must keep your group of 11+ together, then please contact us and we’ll see what we can do.
• Are you are a solo traveler? Our tour is a great way to enjoy a day in Buenos Aires, being introduced to the city with a local friend. Please feel free to ask us about seasonal discounts for solo travelers.
• You get approximately 7 hours with your guide from the walking tour start point to the tour end. As stated on our FAQ, we will meet you at your accommodation (within the city of Buenos Aires) to accompany you to the tour start, usually by taxi, or for most larger groups, MPV/people carrier or minivan. Or if you are staying very near our start point, we’ll walk with you there. The cost of any transport needed at the start of the tour is already INCLUDED in the total price of the tour.
• Important before booking: Apart from the inclusion of the cost of any transport (from within the city of Buenos Aires) at the start of the tour, we recommend reading through what else is included in and excluded from the tour cost, plus our cancellations policy, along with other frequently asked questions about our tours.
• Your total time on the tour will be somewhere between 7 to 8 hours. This estimate factors in transport time to the start of the tour, so depends on the location of your accommodation & traffic on the day.
• For a very reasonable additional fee at checkout, you could choose to extend this tour by one hour to include the colorful neighborhood of La Boca at the start of the tour. There may also be other possible tour extensions, just ask if you have something in mind!
Step 1: Select Date/Time for your Full Day Tour
We recommend a 9am start time for the full day tour, but feel free to select other start times from the booking calendar below.
If the date/time you want isn’t available, feel free to send us a message using this form, and then we will let you know if we can make it work for you, and/or if we get any cancellations for that day.
After clicking “Continue” you’ll be redirected to our 100% secure, easy to use, online checkout to select the number of people you want to book for, any other tour options, and proceed to payment (with your credit/debit card, or via PayPal if you have an account & prefer to pay that way).
Alternatively, click here if you have any questions before booking. We’re here to help!
***Important – please white/clean/safe list our email address below, and/or add it to your email contacts. If you don’t seem to be getting emails from us, please check your spam/junk folder just in case***