Explore the Historical Heart of Buenos Aires
Why Take the City Center Half Day Private Walking Tour?
This tour is perfect if you want a comprehensive yet concise view of Buenos Aires!
The City Center tour covers many of the must-see attractions up-close in the historical heart of BA, the barrio of Monserrat, providing an introduction to the fascinating history, architecture and culture of this great Argentine city.
Walking the center of Buenos Aires with a guide allows for a simple and sensible navigation of the crowded downtown streets, helping you make the most of your visit.
“Excellent way to see Buenos Aires. Jessica from BuenosTours took me on a three-hour walking tour that covered the founding of the city to the present day.
This was a great way to become acquainted with the history and architecture of the city. Jessica was a charming and knowledgeable guide. She knew the history of the city, pointed out architectural highlights and talked about the politics both past and present.”
~ Richard Lee, Toronto, Canada (Read full review on TripAdvisor)
City Center Half Day Tour Highlights
• The main square of Buenos Aires (Plaza de Mayo) where the city was successfully founded in 1580 & from where it began to grow.
• The Pink House (Casa Rosada), the president’s office & executive government, and home to the famous balcony from where President Juan Domingo Peron & first lady Evita used to address the crowds.
• The oldest sites in Buenos Aires, including the first church, street and business in the city, plus the oldest subway line in the southern hemisphere.
• A midway coffee break at the oldest & most beautiful cafe in Buenos Aires (Cafe Tortoni), THE cafe in a city of cafes, founded in 1858, with much of its wonderful original interior still intact.
• The widest avenue in the world (Avenida 9 de Julio), home to the famous Buenos Aires Obelisk monument.
• The Manzana de las Luces, the oldest block of buildings left standing in the city, home to a beautiful 17th-century Spanish courtyard.
• The first “grand boulevard” of Buenos Aires (Avenida de Mayo), dotted with architectural gems waiting to be discovered.
• The Buenos Aires Cathedral, last resting place of Argentina’s independence hero, and where Pope Francis used to give mass.
Price and Duration of the City Center Half Day Tour
• The pricing for this half day 100% private guided walking tour of the historical center of Buenos Aires is as follows:
• 1 to 3 people: $125 USD total (for the whole group, not per person)
• 4 to 6 people: $200 USD total (for the whole group, not per person)
• 7 to 10 people: $270 USD total (for the whole group, not per person)
• For tour quality purposes, we tend not accept bookings for more than 10 people. In such cases we would ask you to consider splitting your group into two smaller groups, with a private guide for each, and booking two separate tours (they can be at the same time). Of course, if you absolutely must keep your group of 11+ together, then please contact us and we’ll see what we can do.
• Are you are a solo traveler? Our tour is a great way to enjoy your time in Buenos Aires, being introduced to the city with a local friend. Please feel free to ask us about seasonal discounts for solo travelers.
• You get approximately 3 hours with your guide from the walking tour start point to the tour end. As stated on our FAQ, we will meet you at your accommodation to accompany you to the tour start, usually by taxi, or for most larger groups, MPV/people carrier or minivan. Or if you are staying very near our start point, we’ll walk with you there. The cost of any transport needed at the start of the tour is already INCLUDED in the total price of the tour.
• Important before booking: Apart from the inclusion of the cost of any transport at the start of the tour, we recommend reading through what else is included in and excluded from the tour cost, plus our cancellations policy, along with other frequently asked questions about our tours.
• Your total time on the tour will be somewhere between 3 to 4 hours. This estimate factors in transport time to the start of the tour, so depends on the location of your accommodation & traffic on the day.
• For a very reasonable additional fee at checkout, you could choose to extend this tour by one hour to include the bohemian neighborhood of San Telmo at the start of the tour. We cannot guarantee availability for tour extensions, especially for morning tours (unless we can start really early!), so if you want to be sure feel free to check with us first before booking this tour with an extension. There may also be other possible tour extensions, just ask if you have something in mind!
Step 1: Select Date/Time for your City Center Tour
We recommend a 9am or 3pm start time for the Historical City Center tour, but feel free to select other start times from the booking calendar below.
If the date/time you want isn’t available, feel free to send us a message using this form, and then we will let you know if we have any cancellations for that day.
After clicking “Continue” you’ll be redirected to our 100% secure, easy to use, online checkout to select the number of people you want to book for & proceed to payment (with your credit/debit card, or via PayPal if you have an account & prefer to pay that way).
Alternatively, click here if you have a question before booking. We’re here to help!
***Important – please white/clean/safe list our email address below, and/or add it to your email contacts. If you don’t seem to be getting emails from us, please check your spam/junk folder just in case***