Your own personalized Buenos Aires Photo Tour
Photography as a way of seeing
Why Take this Private Photo Tour?
This exclusive photo tour is a unique experience for the traveler who knows that photography can bring you closer to a place.
The tour is designed for visitors who want to go off the beaten track and dedicate time to getting to know another side of Buenos Aires, and portray that experience through travel photography. We offer the following:
• A 100% private experience, so you can ask your guide all the questions you have, and get personalized advice to further your photography.
• An in the field class that will help you take your photography skills towards another level, led by documentary photographer and filmmaker, Richard Shpuntoff, who has been living and working in the Argentine capital for over twelve years.
• A special block of time dedicated solely to travel photography, with the advantage of a guide who knows the streets like the back of his hand.
• An experienced photography teacher who will help you understand and build on your strengths, and identify areas where you can improve, giving you simple tips and techniques to help you do so.
• A mid-way coffee break for your guide to review your images and give advice to improve your shots in the rest of the tour & beyond.
• Explore off-the-beaten-track parts of Buenos Aires and capture photos that most tourists normally wouldn’t have the chance to, with the comfort of a local who knows where, and where not, to venture.
• While this Photo Tour is essentially an on-location travel photography workshop, your teacher is also an experienced tour guide, well-versed in the history and culture of Buenos Aires.
About Richard Shpuntoff
Get to know Richard, your Photo Tour guide.
Photographer and documentary filmmaker, Richard Shpuntoff, has worked on a wide range of subjects that have taken him over the past two and a half decades across four continents (two to go!). His documentary photography projects include Flamenco Roots, portraits of flamenco and Indian classical performers, revealing the origins of flamenco in India; Parade, a twelve year documentary reportage of the Queens Pride Parade in Queens, New York; and God, Gold and Glory, a book of black and white photographs of Syracuse, New York in 1991 and 92.
Since 2000, his work has focused more on documentary filmmaking, and to date he has made six short documentary films that have been screened at over 25 festivals internationally. He is currently in the process of finishing his first feature length documentary film, Julio of Jackson Heights.
He has studied film and photography at Syracuse University, Columbia University and the New School in New York. He has taught photography through the International Center of Photography (ICP) in New York, the Community Darkrooms in Syracuse and The Point, CDC in the Bronx, New York.
Gallery of Photos
Rufina Cambaceres tomb
Tango mural in Abasto
San Ignacio de Loyola church
On a public bus
San Telmo facade detail
San Telmo market
Downtown facade detail
Price and Duration of the Private Photo Tour
• $65 USD PER PERSON* for this half day 100% private guided Photo Tour in Buenos Aires.
• If you book for 4 people or more, one person goes free!
• If you book for 7 people, two people go free!
• For quality purposes, we usually do not accept bookings for 8 or more people: however if you have a larger group, please feel free to contact us to discuss the possibilities.
• *The Private Photo Tour has a two person minimum cost. One person can of course book the Photo Tour solo, but will be charged the 2 person rate (although feel free to ask us about seasonal discounts for solo travelers).
• You get approx. 3.5 hours with Richard from the Photo Tour start point to the end of the tour. Richard will meet you at your accommodation in Buenos Aires to accompany you to the tour start point, usually by taxi.
• Your total time with Richard will be between 3.5 to 4.5 hours. This estimate factors in transport time to the start of the Photo Tour, so depends on the location of your accommodation & traffic on the day.
• Important before booking: Please read through what is included and what isn’t in the cost of the tour, plus our cancellations policy, along with other frequently asked questions.
Step 1: Select Date/Time for your Personal Photo Tour
We recommend a 9am or 2.30pm start time for this Photo Tour, but feel free to select other start times from the booking calendar below.
If the date/time you want isn’t available, or you would like to book a longer Photo Tour (e.g. a full day) feel free to send us a message using this form, and then we will let you know if it is possible.
After clicking “Continue” you’ll be redirected to our 100% secure, easy to use, online checkout to select the number of people you want to book for & proceed to payment (with your credit/debit card, or via PayPal if you have an account & prefer to pay that way).
Alternatively, click here if you have a question before booking. We’re here to help!
***Important – please white/clean/safe list our email address below, and/or add it to your email contacts. If you don’t seem to be getting emails from us, please check your spam/junk folder just in case***
Browse: BuenosTours › Buenos Aires Activities › Half Day Buenos Aires Photo Tour